143 Wentworth Street South
Hamilton, ON L8N 2Z1
Director: Lisa Klinger
The Family Centre offers temporary emergency accommodation and residential support to families who are experiencing homelessness.
- Private, accessible, furnished accommodations (one, two or three bedroom apartments)
- Private/separate washroom, kitchen and living/dining areas in each unit.
- Access to food (with consideration of cultural or dietary needs), clothing and personal items
- 24-hour on-site, residential support from Family Support Workers
- Shared meeting and recreational spaces both indoor and outdoor
- Laundry facilities and telephone access
- Individual in-house and community based cultural interpretation services
- Assistance in resolving outstanding housing issues and housing search
- Referrals to medical, legal and other community services
- On-site access to support services such as Ontario Works, Health Clinic, etc.
- Specialized services for children and youth
- Information and education programs dealing with employment, budgeting, life skills development, landlord/tenant issues, parenting etc.
- Assistance with transportation
If you are a family in need, please contact Family Centre staff via our 24-hour phone line, 905.528.9442.
Download the Family Centre Brochure: