emmanuel house & palliative services
90 Stinson Street, Hamilton, ON L8N 1S2
Telephone: 905 308-8401
Watch the Cable14 Hamilton Life episode featuring Emmanuel House Here
As of June 27, 2017, we are back in our home on Stinson Street after several months. Our beautiful home is now renovated, freshly painted and decorated.
Emmanuel House is more than a hospice; it is a place for people to experience their end-of-life journey with dignity and comfort in a place that feels like home.
The Residential Hospice is where we provide 24-hour care for people with a life-limiting illness and require comfort and support for themselves and their families.
- Our palliative care team provides 24-hour nursing care including pain and symptom management, a palliative care physician, social, psychological, spiritual and practical support.
- Experienced and compassionate staff assist families with their emotional needs and with understanding what is happening to their loved one.
- All meals and laundry service are provided for residents.
- Each resident has a private room with hospital bed, nursing call bell, telephone, cable television, small fridge, lounge chair, and private bathroom.
We encourage people to include hospice in their end-of-life plan. To learn more about the Emmanuel House or to tour the hospice, please call 905.308.8401 x3222.
Palliative Care Shared Care Outreach Team (PC Team)
Good Shepherd, in partnership with community palliative care providers, offers in home services to individuals with advanced progressive illnesses, and their families. We work with individuals to provide palliative care that is appropriate, timely and pertinent to their personal goals of care. The family physician remains the primary health care provider.
The outreach team is funded through the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Local Health Integration Network.
Our clinical experts include:
- Clinical Navigator - a palliative care nurse, who can help individuals navigate the complex system of health and community services required at end of life. Provides coordination of community resources (including liaising with CCAC, pharmacies, and family physicians) to help keep individuals in their homes and their caregivers informed and supported.
- Palliative Care Physician works with family physicians, providing home visits, and telephone consultation/assistance regarding pain and symptom control prescriptions.
- Spiritual /Bereavement Clinician supports individuals/families with emotional, social, spiritual issues. They offer grief/bereavement counselling and assist with end-of-life planning.
- Advanced Practice Nurses from HNHB CCAC work closely with the team to provide expert nursing assessment and care.
To learn more about the PC Team please call (905) 308-8401 x3284.