143 Wentworth Street South
Hamilton, ON L8N 2Z1
Director: Lisa Klinger
The Family Centre is a housing focused shelter for families experiencing homelessness in the Hamilton area.
All of our services and supports are focused on helping families secure housing in a timely manner.
If you are family in need of assistance, please call the Family Centre staff at 905.528.9442 to complete a telephone assessment to determine your family’s eligibility. Phone lines are answered 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Interpretation services are available upon request.
Shelter diversion and eviction prevention services are also available to families that qualify.
• Our specialized housing staff work with each family to create a housing plan with a 30-day goal
• Staff are on site 24 hours a day to offer support
• Interpretation services are available for families accessing Family Centre programs
• Assistance in resolving outstanding housing issues and housing search
• On-site services from Ontario Works income support
• Specialized services for parents, children and youth including assistance with school registration and referrals
• Information and education programs dealing with budgeting, landlord/tenant issues, parenting, etc
If you are a family in need, please contact Family Centre staff via our 24-hour phone line, 905.528.9442.
Download the Family Centre Brochure: