You can help Good Shepherd by volunteering at a range of different programs and services. There is something for every skill set and commitment level. Please see the list of current opportunities below.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS
• Interact, play, read and look after babies and children of all ages.
• Locations: Women’s Services (Monday-Sunday), Jeanne Scott Parent & Child Resource Centre (Monday-Friday), and Family Centre (Monday-Friday).
• Homework helpers to assist school age children and high school students with homework and projects (after school hours and evenings)
• Locations: Women’s Services (Monday-Friday), Family Centre (Monday-Friday)
• Lead classes/sessions of yoga, Pilates, Zumba, fitness and arts and crafts
• Experienced massage and reiki therapists are welcome
• Locations: Women’s Services (Monday-Friday)
Cooking and Baking
• Various cooking and baking help is needed at a variety of Centres:
- Prepare comfort foods and soups at Emmanuel House (lunch and dinner)
- Prep cooking at Martha House (breakfast, lunch and dinner and special occasions meals)
- Cooking and baking for families at the Family Centre
- Preparing snacks and lunches at the SAM program (for seniors)
• Answering phones and directing visitors, assisting with some administrative work
• Locations: Women’s Services (Monday-Friday), Emmanuel House (Monday-Sunday), Family Centre (Monday-Friday) and Development Office (Monday-Friday)
• Serve lunch or dinner and interact with youth
• Locations: Youth Services (Monday- Sunday, 11am – 1pm or 3:30pm – 5:30pm)
• Visiting and interacting with residents in hospice
• Locations: Emmanuel House
• Volunteers to interact and help with seniors programming and activities and help prepare snacks and lunch. (Monday-Friday)
• Volunteers to talk with small groups of seniors and to independently run activities and games (Monday-Sunday)
• Volunteer who loves music or art volunteer their talents on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday for 60 minutes anytime between 10am and 1pm (Flamborough location)
• Locations: SAM Program (Hamilton West, Hamilton East and Flamborough
• We are looking for volunteers who are interested in sharing their passions and skills! Hairdressers, nail artist, yoga, meditation and Pilates instructors, gardening, flower arranging, arts and crafts, music, etc.
Special Event Volunteers (occasional)
• Volunteers are needed throughout the year to help with events such as the Christmas Hamper program, the Christmas Wonderland Dinner, community events, food drives, and special dinners. (daytime, evenings and weekends)
Market Place Volunteers
• Volunteers are needed to re-stock shelves, fridges, freezers, work with clothing and small housewares, and assist clients at check out by bagging their items (Monday-Friday morning and afternoon shifts)
• Volunteers are needed to assist with receiving & sorting donations (food, clothing, housewares) and re-packaging donations as needed (Monday-Friday, morning and afternoon shifts)
If you have questions about volunteering, please email email@example.com or call 905.528.6565 Ext. 3333
Ready to volunteer now? Download these forms to get started on your application!